February 13, 2005

what say u?

like i was saying, i keep postponing polly to the perennial 'tomorrow'. like scarlet o'hara's so fond of saying, i'll let it worry me tomorrow. i have a question to ask you ppl. does everything you do need to have a reason? i mean given the choice of two things to do: 1., which would in some rational way help you, your life, family, health, or whatever. 2., which you desperatley want to do, just because you want to. it wouldn't really help you over much in your career or life, except that you'll have the satisfaction of looking back one day and saying to yourself "you know what? i had the guts to do what i wanted, and i did it!" so given the choice between 1 and 2, which would you pick? and given say n such choices, would you pick the same choice over and over again? i mean isn't there anything called 'irrational irrepressible passion' in our lives anymore? does everything we need to do have a reason? i really see no reason to have a reason! (so my friend naresh might instantly shoot up saying this is a halting problem, and so undecidable, but hey that's my whole point. since it is undecidable, there is no reason we need to have a reason).
its one thing that i'm allergic to. i love chaos. where there are no rules, but unspoken laws govern the state. where nothing is evident on the face, but everything does have a deeper implication. where whatever you do is not punishable, since punishment occurs only in a rational world. you have the freedom to indulge in your passions. live them out, or get burnt in the process! choose 2.

1 comment:

Gururaj said...

yup...nice one...2 is wat I want 2. that's the 1 reason y I am not doin wat every1 expects me to do, but am doin wat I my head tells me...I am confused ..Am I right?
way2go dude, anyway...nice blog..
To keep this good, u need to slog..