so here's what's been happening lately:
- Converted my MTech at IIIT to MS by research
- Basically it means college gets to pay my tuition fees, and i get to write a thesis which, if good enough, is eligible for publication. A lot of ifs and buts, but i think i can do it if i get down to it.
- Faculty guide Prof. Kannan Srinathan, simply an awesome person. You got to listen to his lecture sometime, just to see the wide range of topics he touches upon.
- Have to find a topic soon enough, or i might get kicked out of the CSTAR lab :P
- Took up a lot of interesting courses this semester
- Computational Geometry, by Prof. Prosenjit Gupta, another mathematician i respect simply for the rigour with which he talks or writes maths.
- Topics in Information Security, by Prof. Kannan Srinathan, and in his class, believe me he was touching upon how Information Theory and Gravitational Theory are related fields!
- Artificial Neural Networks, by Prof. B. Yegnanarayana, google him up, and you will know.
- Graph Theory by Profs Kishore Kothapally and Ch. Venkaiah, just for fun :D
- Trying to get myself out from the potato couch i've been in all my life till now
- Been going to swimming classes, but that somehow isn't working out. Can't get myself to even float!
- Playing TT as always, and hope to improve upon, as soon as I buy my first Table Tennis bat. I'm still wondering whether to buy an Infinite or a GKI Kung-Fu, or a (sh*t. forgot the name of that company Gururaj told me about.. ). Guess I'll buy one as soon as i receive my first stipend deposit.
- Planning on going to the gym. But if you know me, you must already know my umpteen number of plans. so, I'm not getting my hopes up too high :D
- Should look into some of the topics being taught in classes
- IAC and SC models (PDP models) in ANN class
- Byzantine Agreement on Complete/Incomplete Networks with/without interaction
- K-connectivity and Bipartite components in Graph Theory
- Interval Trees, Range Trees, Segment Trees, etc in Computational Geometry
- and first of all try and attend the lab meetings!! i dunno why i'm doing MS if i'm not attending Kannan sir's lab meetings.
And oh how can i forget this? Convocation for our undergraduate college batch is going to be held pretty soon, and i'm looking forward to bunking it! :D I have my own reasons, thank you.
guess that's about it. should give you an idea of how completely bored i am now! and oh yeah if you're wondering what the title's supposed to mean, it means feeling sick of college (ala seasick, carsick), as well as longing to go back to college (ala homesick). i simply had to say it...